|image via weheartit|
Happy Boxing Day, if that's also a thing where you're from. I actually don't know what Boxing Day is or what event it commemorates. Yesterday was Christmas Day, which was rainy and chill here in Soweto. I spent the day indoors, reading Harry Potter -- a little -- and eating stuff that's too sweet. These are a few of the things the day taught me.
1. I'm going to be an awesome billionaire recluse one day! Like, sometimes I have doubts regarding that lifestyle to which I aspire but the holiday taught me that I'm so going to rock it as a rich recluse. Christmas Day 2013 taught me that I actually couldn't be bothered by the commotion and festivities happening outside my door. It's going to be even better when I have my beautiful cabin in rural South Africa. Yas.
2. Choice Assorted biscuits taste the same. Meh. There's a variety of biscuits in the box and they all taste the same.
3. My sister and I are totally different people and we're blessed for it and for having each other. She didn't see any appeal in my staying indoors and went out.
4. I should always buy peach and pineapple slices for my ultramel consumption. It just tastes better with those accompaniments.
5. Baths are awesome. My day couldn't have gotten onto such a great start had I not started it with a long, leisurely bath.
6. Welfare TV sucks!!! This wasn't exactly a new lesson but for them to not organise a day's entertainment in the form of movies is extra shady. UGH. I just wanted to watch The Holiday, Love Actually and It's Complicated, man.
7. I like a boy. Technically this was a Christmas Eve 2013 lesson but still. I'm panicking, fam.
How was your holiday yesterday?